Friday 12 June 2009

Small World

Friday 12 June 2009
Since yours truly don't really read the newspapers, I've decided to educate myself on world issues online, as always. Somehow I tend to surf news websites for random readings lately. In fact, I do random web-hopping, blogs included. But I manage to fight the temptation of bookmarking every single page I seem to like at the mo.

What caught my attention of late is the infamous swine flu or as any typical human brain knows it for it's scientific abbreviation, H1N1 - which is now declared as the first pandemic of the 21st century, as according to Dr Chan. (Beat that! I actually read the news, doesn't matter if it's online or not.)

Now then, with the knowledge bestowed upon me, allow me to actually enlighten myself (and some of you folks perhaps) about the pandemic flu:

1. It's Swine Influenza actually, H1N1 is just one of the four virus subtypes of influenza type A (H1N1, H1N2, H3N2, H3N1).
2. Common cases are due to exposure to infected pigs, naturally, or from one person spreading it to others.
3. Symptoms include fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing. Some people with swine flu also have reported runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
4. When you're being too close with infected pigs, you might catch it. If you touch any infected stuffs and then touching your nose or mouth after, you might catch it. Eating pork won't give it to you, provided that you cook it first! (As any sane human would...)

Okay ~ I'm done with that. Some news for vain Facebook users (including moi), we will soon be able to have our own FB URLs! Now isn't that a bliss? Oh well ~ and what more? I got 3.82 for my first semester, which I think is really good, judging from the fact that I never *really studied* throughout the semester. Therefore, I'd like to thank my brothers for getting me "Ryan the laptop", the Celcom broadband so I won't die of boredom, my family for going on Skype with me EVERY week and G, for being there for me (through SMSes) almost everyday.

They keep me sane and my brain active, not rotting away.

Hah!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

pijjie_masscom_uitm_melaka08 said...

congrtas yot
im proud with u frenzzz

Anysz Sengalnerdz said...

hey yot!! congratz taw!
DL? Goshh im soo jeles with u! ahaha

margrmarie said...

Thanx guys! :D hope you got great results too :)

InobonG ProPer said...

Fuyooo....3.82?? It's almost flat 4..buli dpt Dean's list ohhh

Congrats! I know you are genius bah! x study pun buli score hehehe

margrmarie said...

Thanx Ning! Actually I dreamt that I got 3.9 and then I thought, "No waaaay la ~."

I think if I had said yes in my dream the night before, I would have really gotten it kan?? Aiya!

Thanx again la :D