Monday 22 June 2009

Fake Smiles and Lies

Monday 22 June 2009
In the uttermost confession of yours truly, truly this blog serves as a darling mask I seem to never be able to take off. Of course, this is a family blog, as I say it and therefore, only certain pieces would be written down here. Don't blame me for that.

So I've been taking quizzes all over the Net and I keep getting Love-related results which ironically, seem a bit far-fetched. They do portray the reality of being me however but I realized lately that apart from my Victorian romancer self, there is still a part of me dreaming of dragons and elves. Sue Mr Disney for the failure to educate me as a typical princess-kind-of-girl who dreams of Prince Charming and a happily ever after with a snap of the fingers or a wave of the fairy Godmother's wand.

I dream of dragons and elves and drows and necromancers. Wizards and all. Angels and demons. Michael and Lucifer. I dream of myself in continuous dreams some people call insane. Crazy. I don't aim for the richer half of life but the simple, quiet yet happy life. I don't dream of adventures. I dream of family outings and fun. I don't dream of making it big. I dream of big hearts in the family. I dream differently and people say I'm cold, sarcastic - just the way I want them to.

So I'm in love. Yes. Deeply in love. It's obvious. Yes. Kinda dreamy. Yes. Kinda impossible. Yes. Certainly not a fairytale kind of romance. Yes.

But I need to write something! Anything! For goodness sake, let me! The feeling's just overwhelming and it's building up tension within me, fueling an already dormant tension...Love, love, love - a blessing, a curse, or both. I can't live without it but it's killing my spirit.

The worst part of it?

I love being in love with the man I'm currently in love with.....

There!

Period.

A confession.

A secret.

My own.

The hardest thing about life is that those simple things are really not so simple after all. It's much easier to live a rich life, do the things you want to do with all the cash and party hard.

It's the hardest to say, with the current life you're living, that you are perfectly content, satisfied and happy.

I'm human after all, just like everyone else.

Life could be better.

But I wouldn't dream of it any other way.

2 comments:

Kerry Claire said...

nicely said :) btw, can i put your blog in our 'what we read' list?

margrmarie said...

hehe sure ;)be my guest