Monday 9 February 2009

LG 2009

Monday 9 February 2009
MJCC Leadership Gathering 2009
Oasis Cannosian Retreat House, Kluang, Johor
6th - 8th February 2009


"JADIKANKU GEMBALA SEPERTIMU"

Those at home would know that I am not the kind of person who usually attend camps like this - for reasons unknown even to myself. This time, however, it was different.

When my seniors first mentioned about LG, I've no doubts (surprisingly) when I told them I'd go. I mean, I know myself. Leadership is really not a thing for me. I was never the one who'd gladly take in the position. I've always loved to work alone - yes, I do ask for help when the need arises but I'd still work alone.

Yet I told them I'd go.

Of which I have no regrets at all.

Being far away from home does affect me actually, no matter how I tried to mask it as I usually do. In campus, Christians are less than a percent here and we're not really bonded among ourselves (some, not all). Still, it was enough for me to stick on my grounds. At least, I'm very much in love with a bunch of my CSS seniors here :)

Throughout LG I've met some more Catholics and though most of them are Sarawakians, I must say, I feel so much better to meet other Sabahans. Come to think of it, I don't mix a lot with people back home but everything's different now - in a way that I tend to stick with my CSS group. Hey, Fr. Jojo and Br. Alvin were fun to have around! You don't want me to get started on the other participants because as far as I can remember, I haven't laughed as much as I did during LG since the day I came to Malacca (except when I was with my campus' CSS seniors). I don't know but maybe, just maybe, I tend to tease those who are really dear to me. Judging from my situation here, I don't think teasing is applicable in campus.

Generally.

LOLX. I'm getting out of topic here. On second thought, I don't think I am. It just concludes that LG meant a lot to me - being there with my 'family', of whose dos and don'ts I'm familiar with.

Also, sue me for the lack of photos but weirdly enough, on occasions like this I tend to lose hold of my camera and get more in touch with the event itself...*sigh*

LG was fun - with some more growing up (mentally, spiritually) in the process and a bit of a crush along the way...oops! Bummer. That shouldn't have happened.

Shhh!

By the way, happy birthday Ma! I love you so much ~

4 comments:

louie said...

Crush ey???? Hehehe....glad u had a great time..alaaa yot no pic ahh...;)) anyway..take care yot..keep posting...xxx

margrmarie said...

Hahaha I guess I must have been THAT obvious to this so-called crush :P will put up some photos my seniors took in a later post - credits to them of course :)

Glad to have y'all around!
-xoxo-

InobonG ProPer said...

It should be fun if ada gambar Yot. Next time, jgn lupa ambil gambar k. We wanna see juga bah what's going on with u there.

BTW, you've been tagged by me...jgn malas2 buat..i love to see your answers..ko tu creative that's why can't wait to read yours...good luck!

ps. last sunset mass, we had Fr. Peter Abas, ko jgn jeles pulak hehehe

margrmarie said...

Haha will post photos by my CSS seniors la nnt :) Citz. Kna tagged lagi - nnt la, revise 4 test dlu ni. Hehe kunun2 la ~

Wahh Fr. Peter? Doiii I miss attending mass there tau - mcm mau pulang ja...