Monday 20 July 2009

Do What I Can Do

Monday 20 July 2009
Blimey! I haven't post anything yet since Saturday? Unbelievable! Well, actually, you can believe it...this is so like me, coming now and then with my updates and suddenly, poof! I am a silent blogger once again - kind of.

Hmm...let's recap the things I've done so far. Last Saturday, I went to watch Half Blood Prince in DP. Out of the two places here downtown, I prefer the GSC in DP as compared to that in MP. It's like going to the GSC in 1B and the old one, near Cathay. But of course, if they have Cathay here, forget GSC, I would have gone to the former. Okay, so my classmate, Anysz gave me his tickets to the movies because he was going back to JB, thanks to the influenza thing - but we (Tijan and I) didn't make it in time so we brought tickets to the next show. HBP barely started when we entered the hall.

Now on with the movie...as an avid reader of the series, I, of course, have my own expectations for the movie and as someone who has watched movie adaptations right from the first one, the Philosopher's Stone, I too, know that there will be a bit of disappointment. I know we can't expect the movie to play exactly like the novel, which would be crazy enough and budget-breaking.

So there's the love thing between Ron "Won-won" and Lavender which sparkles up Hermione's jealousy and Harry's on Ginny and Dean Thomas' affection with each other. With Voldermort on the move, I find it reassuring that they could still fall in love with one another - but then again, don't we all? It's just that, Lavender cheated! It was so unfair of her to use Love Potion on Ron (come to think of it, I wonder if I can brew one myself...you never know when it's gonna' be handy..ah, forget it!).

And Draco (oh, Draco) was pretty emotional in this movie. Won't you be if the Dark Lord chose you to take your father's place - your father who has failed him and he picked you to finish his job, just to have fun, knowing that you don't really have the guts to do real evil? Well-thought, Voldy! But Draco's pretty skinny and lanky in HBP, while Harry and Ron seemed to be a bit "tougher".

I was, of course, awaiting Snape's appearance throughout the show so yeah, I got a pretty good glimpse of him. I wonder why I kind of like his character, Malfoy second and Ron third. Never seemed to be so caught on Potter.

The quidditch match was incredible! And you know what, I never said that this was going to be a review so enough said. It's better if you watch the movie yourself and then splurge out your comments & critiques on it. I wanted to see Dumbledore's funeral because in the book, it was really grand and I wanted to watch it but then again, like I mentioned above, that would be budget-breaking.

I left the hall quite satisfied and looking forward to watch the final movie which will be a two-parter, each taking about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. The first part is aimed for release November 2010 and the second part, the November after. And this time, I must admit, I really am anticipating it. Someone give me a time machine please!

On second thought, never mind...

2 comments:

Anysz Sengalnerdz said...

i want to watch dumbledore's funeral but huh takde :(

and too many lovebug. :(

margrmarie said...

ahaha that's the point la - they didn't have dumbledore's funeral =.=

Alala cute eh Won2 & Lav2 haha!