Monday 25 May 2009

Hey Ho! We're 1 Big Family!

Monday 25 May 2009
It began, once upon a time, in 2008 when a plainly bored daughter said to her mom, "Ma, I want a homemade steamboat dinner - and let's invite the cousins!"

...yes, I was sitting my ass at home all year round last year and hey, it was fun! I was babysitting my niece and I love every moment of it although I did have to sacrifice a few of my daily afternoon naps...so I did what I did - went shopping at CKS and called my closest relatives, Mom's sister and family to come one Sunday evening. Gatherings were always on Christmas back then. But I wanted something else. I wanted more gatherings because I love the very air of having everyone around, laughing and bringing up old stories, reminiscing the past when everything was safer, cleaner, more fun. We can't afford extravagant gatherings now but I'm keeping it in mind that when I have a job, I will treat them with a better gathering once in a while. Why? Because I love my family. I love to see everyone being close with one another, sharing priceless moments.

Of course, apart from my family and cousins, we would invite our neighbour, Uncle Denis and family and also G and his family *wink* Then we began to have the altar servers come because I see them as a part of the beloved and so, they should come. Besides, they're friends with my little sister anyway and actually are related to us.

There are three types of gatherings we would host at home - (1) just my family and my aunt's including Alex and Xander (2) the family, my aunt's and Uncle George's and (3) a praying gathering. I try to get G and his family involved in every gathering if possible.

Last night, we had gathering # 1 but G can't make it since his sister visited them. I miss him...and maybe that's why I wasn't really in the mood. Still, I plan to have another one with him and family, just them. And another casual gathering with the families in June :D

Till then,
-tcxo-

8 comments:

Aning said...

why no pics? no mood taking pics ka? hehehe

HallyuSurfer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alexis said...

ohh u not in a mood last night :D but u knoe how to hide it. usually people will write Xander and his mommy but i like this one 'alex and xander'. for uncle george, bukan bapa joe ka kamu panggil dia teehee :p

margrmarie said...

Aning, actually I forgot to take pictures - moods don't affect my photo-capturing moments but I forgot last night hehehe :P

Mie, the gathering never cost a lot. Steamboat is fun since it's a "less oil consumed" dinner haha XD. Everyone chips in for the gathering anyway. Having goals like determination to treat my family with a better gathering keeps me happy 'cause I love them!

Sides', we only provide the space for the gathering hehehe :D

D, "Alex and Xander" sounds very nice when I wrote it, that's why :) As for your father, I call him Uncle la ~ :P

pijjie_masscom_uitm_melaka08 said...

u memang very caring about ur family
im proud with u frenzzz

margrmarie said...

:) thanx Fizi - w/o them I'm nothing kan so yeah, I should be grateful and love them for that :D

Anysz Sengalnerdz said...

eh cmne i blom komen ni -.-"
yeah being with family
mcm mne buruk pn tetap best xD

margrmarie said...

Hah! Tulah Anysz x komen =.= ingatkan on hiatus ody hehehe JK ~ but yeah, it's true :)