Monday 2 March 2009

CO-Camping # Part 2

Monday 2 March 2009
27th February 2009

Slept at 4.00 a.m. Phoenix was assigned for sentry this morning with another group (I forgot the name, sorry guys). Ours was the 4.30 - 5.30 a.m. shift. Imagine that I slept for only half an hour! That would never happen if I was at home...

The day started with their morning prayer around 6.30 a.m. Then we had to line up for a quick march. Hmm. Booooring ~ I don't like marching. Breakfast was served after that and I must say, I got a special treatment. Now the whole camp knows I can't and won't eat spicy stuffs. Boohoohoo. So they had to leave out a few fried chicken pieces for me. Thank you all!

Now...where was I?

Oh, right...jungle trekking! This was the fun part. Seriously, it was.

From left: (1) I forgot what we were punished for. Here two members have to be on each side of the net. One of the pairs will try to pass 'injured' members to the other side. In this case, I decided that Melissa and I should do the passing because she's tall and I'm a bit heavier than the other girls. (2) Now watch this...

Oops! Hahaha ~ I slipped off the third pole and hit my gum on the cement...OUCH! Embarrassing? Nah! Painful? Yup...I had a bleeding gum thanks to the fall, although I didn't tell Phoenix that...

This, my friends, is what we call 'walking the munkee walk'! Bluff. That girl in the photo is Ka Su :D she's very capable of doing everything during jungle trekking. Hehe.

Ooh but there's more to the day...like getting ourselves muddy! Be proud of me 'cause I dare to step into the swamps (eeew!).


Hehe that's Fizi with me :) I am only 152cm tall so when my feet couldn't reach any bottom of the swamp, I panicked for a few seconds. Anysz was laughing at this moment because I wailed out his name ~ ba, biasalah, if Jef was there, I'd wailed out his. Hehe. You know what I mean...the other guys are too manly for me to ask for help from ~ Thanks ya Fizi! Then again, the swamp wasn't that deep. Silly me!


Note that as soon as each of us would come out from the swamp, we'll get our faces 'muddified'.

It was a short outing. We were supposed to go for 'Water Confident' this evening but it rained heavily + thunderstorm + flashing lightning so only one group had the opportunity to get wet in the lake. Tonight too, we had 'Malam Kebudayaan'...what Phoenix performed, I have no idea! All I know was that we did the 60's dance of some sort...our group came out as the best, which was kinda' unexpected. We had a little misunderstanding with our coach so we were feeling a bit down...

I must say, throughout the camping trip, I've learnt a few things.

2 comments:

louie said...

omgosh! is that a pool of mud or sungai penuh dgn tanah?????

margrmarie said...

My dear, that's what you call kubang karabau hahaha :D